Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport and Songshan International Airport can be accessed via over 190 non-stop and direct flights from 56 major cities throughout the world.
It is convenient to travel from Taiwan Taoyuan/Songshan International Airport to Taipei City. There are several recommended ways:
From Taoyuan International Airport
- By taxi: Taoyuan International Airport is around a 40-minute drive from Taipei City. Taxi fares are approximately NT$1,200 – NT$1,500 per ride.
- By bus: Click here for the bus schedule.
- By Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR): Take a shuttle bus to THSR Taoyuan Station from Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport. It takes 20 minutes to reach Taipei Station from Taoyuan Station.
From Songshan International Airport
- By taxi: Songshan International Airport is around a 20-minute drive from Taipei City. Taxi fares are approximately NT$250-300 to TICC or congress hotel.
- By MRT: From Songshan Airport Station to Taipei 101/World Trade Center Station.
A passport valid for at least six months after intended period of travel is required to enter Chinese Taipei. Participants from certain countries may also require a visa before departing to Chinese Taipei. For information or travel documents required to visit Chinese Taipei, please refer to the Bureau of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chinese Taipei.
Nationals of Australia, Malaysia, and Singapore are eligible for the visa exemption program for a stay of not more than 30 days.
Nationals of the following countries can visit Taiwan visa-free for a stay of not more than 90 days:
|U.S.A||Finland||Korea||Poland||Vatican City State|
Participants Holding a Chinese Passport
Chinese passport holders are recommended to submit the visa application form 3 months prior to the conference, in order to allow plenty of time to process the application.
Participants Holding a Hong Kong SAR or Macau SAR Passport
Hong Kong SAR or Macau SAR passport holders can apply for visas on arrival, which cost HK$200 (US$26). Alternatively, one can make an application online or go to the nearest Taiwan representative office. There is no longer a charge for the online visa service. Visas have also been extended and are valid for multiple entries over three months.
For more information, visit the National Immigration Agency of Chinese Taipei.